Hull School Games Code of Conduct for Pupils
- Arrive for training and matches in good time to prepare thoroughly
- Arrive for training and matches with appropriate kit for the activity
- Always warm up and cool down properly
- Play for fun and enjoyment- not just to please your parents and the team manager
- Accept responsibility for my own behaviour and performance during practice and matches; representing my school in a positive way
- To play by the written and unwritten rules allowing safe and fair play at all times
- Always accept and respect the referee’s decisions
- Not shout at players or referees in anger
- Not use unsuitable language including racist or homophobic comments
- Set a positive example for others, particularly younger competitors and spectators
- Be a good sportsperson (win with modesty and lose with dignity) and applaud good play on both sides.
- Only make positive comments from outside the field of play if watching a game as a spectator or a reserve
- Respect opponent’s, opposition team managers and spectators before, during and after the competition- treat them as you would wish to be treated yourself
- Co-operate with your team manager, coach, team mates and opposition
- Take care of all property
- Let a teacher or adult know if others are not following these rules
- Not wear any jewellery, unsuitable clothing or footwear during any event.
- Inform the team manager or coach of any injury as soon as possible
- Thank the team manager, coach, officials and supporters after the competition.
- remember that the aim of the game is to have fun and
I understand that I may not be able to take part in any Hull School Games fixtures or events:
- If I do not follow any of the above guidelines