Hull School Games Code of Conduct for Coaches, Teachers and Volunteers
- Ensure that the safeguarding of young people is my priority, always considering the health, safety and welfare of the players and participants
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
- Ensure that the young people’s enjoyment is put first
- Make sure that all arrangements are in place for home matches and competitions, including meeting and greeting the opposition
- Make sure that I have the right paperwork for the event including medical information
- Be a positive role model and will have high standards in my appearance and not use bad language
- Promote the written and unwritten rules allowing safe and fair play at all times
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances.
- Try to make sure that all young players and participants show respect at all times and will deal with any transgressions in line with school sport and school policies
- Encourage performers to value their performances and not just results
- Always respect the referee and thank them, other helpers and opponents after the game
- Make sure that I praise all competitors from both sides
I will ensure that in line with outstanding safeguarding practice that a member of school staff will be in attendance at Hull School Games events
I understand that I will be unable to spectate at any Hull School Games events or fixtures if I am in breach of any of the above guidelines and will be asked to leave the venue.